Silk Soymilk makes the SGM Approved product list!!
We love, rely-on, enjoy and are thankful for (it is right after Thanksgiving and all), Silk in our home. Some of you may know that our little boy has dairy allergies and let me tell you – cereal without milk is one dry-mouth, non-yummy breakfast. Our E MUST have his cereal and because of Silk, he can wake up every morning and enjoy breakfast just like everyone else.
And it’s not just about cereal – it’s so much more! The delicious taste of “his milk” has given me the ability to cook and bake just like normal! I use this in so many ways and in so many recipes in place of cow’s milk and it is always perfectly yum for not just my little guy either…
I. Must. Have. My. Silk.
Just as our E loves it in the morning – there is no other way that I can drink my hot cup of morning coffee!! I love the Vanilla – mmmmm. Oh and guess what? Silk has created delicious holiday flavors too that we are super excited to try – including, rich Nog, Pumpkin Spice and OHMYGOSH
What more can I say? We love our heart-healthy, calcium, Omega 3′s and antioxidant-rich Silk!
oh but of course, my thoughts would not be complete without mentioning how amazing their efforts are in supporting green causes such as wind energy and Farm Aid!
FAQs that Make Me
- Silk was among the first U.S. brands to champion renewable energy. Since 2003, we’ve offset the electricity used to make our products with clean wind power and have earned repeated recognition from the Environmental Protection Agency for our leadership in this area.
- All Silk products are dairy-free, lactose-free and casein-free, and can be suitable for those with dairy allergies. We have extensive testing protocols in place at our production facilities to detect and prevent contamination by dairy or dairy components including casein and lactose.
- Silk products are Vegan! There are no animal derivatives in our products. The lactic acid and live cultures used in Silk Live! soy yogurt come from a vegetable source. All vitamins used to fortify Silk soymilk are also vegetable-derived. The DHA in our DHA Omega-3-fortified product comes from algae; a sustainable, vegetarian source of DHA. The calcium used to fortify Silk soymilk comes from limestone.
- Silk soymilk does not contain nut ingredients, including almond and coconut. However, our soymilk may be manufactured on equipment that also handles foods containing these ingredients.
- Silk products contain only USDA certified organic soybeans grown without genetic engineering, right here in North America. We employ robust quality-testing protocols to detect GMOs, pesticide residue and other potential contaminants. This ensures that our beans meet the highest standards of quality, consistency and safety
- Silk soymilk cartons can be recycled after removing the plastic screw cap.